Vanderbilt University Blair School of Music
Street Dixon Rick was pleased to design a state-of-the-art building for Vanderbilt University’s Blair School of Music in Nashville, Tennessee. The design of the hall was so well received that it actually became the cornerstone of the venue’s marketing program. The building created an iconic symbol easily recognizable and synonymous with a superior performing arts experience.
- Facility houses three main concert halls, including the Ingram Center for the Performing Arts
- Ingram seats 600+, accommodates full orchestral and opera productions with variable acoustics and has a stage with a moveable orchestra shell and orchestra lift
- Open lobby/pre-function space with soaring ceilings and full height windows, allowing for large amounts of natural light and outdoor views into the space
- Music library was increased in size to house more than 100,000 volumes
- Instrumental and choral rehearsal halls, conductors’ studios, administrative offices, and a professional recording studio complete the expansion to the center
- Support spaces within the facility include a scene shop, green room, make-up room, and a student lounge with a cafe